1. On the fourth day of Navratri, Goddess Kushmanda is worshipped. Her name Kushmanda means "one who created the universe with her smile".
2. She is also known as Ashtabhuja Devi (eight-armed goddess) and Adhya Shakti (primordial goddess).
3. She is also believed to bestow blessings of wealth, health, and prosperity.Her most popular shrine is located in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India.
4. Kushmanda's significance lies in her creative energy and ability to endow vegetation on earth.
5. The orange color associated with this day represents the goddess's creative power and the fertility of the earth.
6. Chanting Mantra:Om Devi Kushmandayay Namah